Owning the cutest cat in the world also means doing everything that it takes to retain that cuteness at all times. This includes providing the most nutritious cat food everyday. For this, you have appointed the leading cat food suppliers to home deliver your cat’s food. But alas! You are unable to keep your cat food fresh for a long time because of which you have to spend again in purchasing quality food for your cat.
Purchasing the best cat food on a monthly basis is alright but if that food goes bad before the date, it results in wastage of both your cat’s food and money.
So what are the best ways to keep your cat food in proper condition? Here are some tips:
1. Avoid throwing the packaging- Purchasing large cat food bags is good until you open it because no sooner than you open the bag, the food starts to get spoiled. Premium quality cat foods are packed in bags that are specially created to keep it fresh. Besides, it also has the expiry date, barcode mentioned and so do not throw the original packaging after purchasing it from your cat food supplier.
2. Shun cat food from contact with air- Exposing your cat food to air is like committing suicide- when your cat food comes in contact with air, the process of getting spoiled becomes rapid; the contaminants in the air(like Salmonella) easily gets inside the pet food and starts the decaying process. Hence immediately seal the bag after taking out the required amount of cat food.
3. Don’t keep cat food in sunlight- Like air, sunlight is also an enemy for your adorable cat’s food. The reason is that sunlight alters the humidity level and temperatures inside the cat food packet. Any change in temperature will result in spoiled cat food. Although you may have purchased the best pet food in USA, the reality won’t change- exposing the cat food in sunlight will induce the growth of the harmful Salmonella bacteria which if given, can make your cat fall seriously sick.
4. Follow the expiry date- Cat foods are just like usual edible food with the ingredients being the only exception. This means that your cat food also comes with a manufactured date and most importantly, expiry date. Check the expiry date before purchase; always buy pet foods that are recently manufactured since they will come with a later expiry date. In case the cat food is expired, do not feed your cat the expired food, STRICTLY. Giving expired food to your cat can be fatal for your cat’s health and surely you wouldn’t want that.
5. Mixing old and new cat food together? Stop it!- Although you may mix your dry old and new food items together, eat it and remain strong, it is not the same case for cat foods. According to most of the cat food suppliers, mixing old and new cat foods is never a pleasant idea since the old cat food already has undergone certain minor changes when compared to the fresh new cat food pack. You can either complete the cat food from the former pack or start from the new pack itself!
Conclusion- Loving your cat is unconditional and if you too want to enjoy genuine love from your cat’s side, the best way to win his/her heart is by providing fresh, palatable and healthy food. Purchasing the best pet food is simply not enough; by remembering the above-mentioned points, you can serve fresh cat food at all times.